Q: What is the mission of University Auxiliary Services, Inc.?
A: University Auxiliary Services, Inc. supports the mission of California State University Channel Islands by providing our students, faculty, staff and guests with a variety of high quality services in a fiscally responsible way that complements and enhances the educational mission of the University.
University Auxiliary Services, Inc. is a 501(c)3 non-profit business which provides auxiliary services to the CSU Channel Islands campus and University Glen community.
Q: What services does University Auxiliary Services, Inc. provide?
A: The University Auxiliary Services, Inc. is the premiere food service provider to the CSU Channel Islands campus with a multitude of unique locations on campus:
- Freudian Sip Coffee Shops in the Broome Library, Student Union Building and Town Center Market, serving coffee, tea, smoothies, bagels, pastries, breakfast treats and grab and go snacks.
- Lighthouse Cafe in the Student Union Building serves salads, deli sandwiches, pizzas, hot dogs and made-to-order and grab and go items from the grill.
- Sea Store located in the Student Union Building offers a wide range of snacks, beverages and convenience store items.
- Catering Services UAS offers the CI community a full service catering operation. We can meet any need with our exceptional cuisine and professional, efficient and courteous staff. Our catering menu is available online.
- Islands Café serves breakfast, lunch and dinner M-F and brunch and dinner on weekends. This is an open dining concept; once payment is made you can return to the servery as often as you like.
University Auxiliary Services, Inc. can also be found in the Town Center which includes:
- Pizza 3.14 – Daily specials, fresh salad bar, delicious distinctive pizzas, chicken wings and more!
- Town Center Market – Freudian Sip coffee shop, the Point Mugu Deli, and your neighborhood market with fresh foods and friendly service.
Q: How many people work for University Auxiliary Services, Inc.?
A: We employ between 170 and 220 employees at any given time, and are one of the largest student employers on campus.